“New beginnings are the promise that hope springs eternal and within us lies greatness yet to be born.” Debra Dunn Breitenstein
Your life is an Incredible Gift! It is clay in the masters hands, shape it, create it, love it! Enjoy every step along the way to creating that Fabulous Life that you desire!
Life on Auto-Pilot
It seems to be a Tellurian state of being to get on the tread mill of life each day and to keep going through our routines or the motions of the day, often without thinking. It’s easy for people, human people, to get stuck in a rut. Often when we find dissatisfaction in our daily lives, we aren’t really sure how we got where we are in our lives, or understand what needs to happen to bring the changes into our lives that we desire.
- How do we create the change we desire?
- What makes a life, full, rich, exciting, enjoyable, and happy?
People have discussed these topics during the ages, and continue to seek answers to the day to day state of man.To write our own story, the story of our lives, we can choose what we write.We can Design our own lives. We can to a great extent, actively create the type of life we desire to live. We can, actively write our life’s story.
Like all notable stories, our story begins, at the beginning. This isn’t to suggest that going back to the time of your birth and working forward from there is the answer, but rather, that, each person start with where they are right now. It makes more sense to begin from where we currently are, than to spend endless hours poking around in the past.
Easy enough. Begin now, by assessing your current life situation.
- Take out a piece of paper and list all of the things you love about your life. List everything you can possibly imagine right down to being able to smell the scent of a rose or of sweet perfume, or the taste of chocolate in your mouth. This list can be as long as you would like it to be, and I hope it is very, very, long. The longer the better.
- Next, make a new list. On this list write down all of the things you are dissatisfied with in your life. All of them. The cupboard door won’t close correctly, someone is treating you in ways you don’t enjoy, whatever it is that you dislike, write it down. This list may also be long. Remember it is for your eyes only, so make it as detailed and as long as you desire it to be.
- In what areas is your life now like the life you desire? List all of the ways you feel your life is on track and unfolding as you desire it to unfold.
Although Gratitude is a power all its own, and I encourage Gratitude on a daily basis, to move forward from where we are, we need to begin from where we are. What we like and enjoy about our lives, and what we dislike about our lives, will tell us what we need to know about ourselves and about what really matters to us.
We may find through this process that our priorities are a bit mixed up. We may find out things about ourselves, we wished we didn’t know. All the same, knowledge is power, and through doing a thorough assessment of our lives we can begin to gain the knowledge that will power us into a Life Re-Design and help us to create the type of life we truly want to live.
4. Make a list of your values. What are the principles, and concepts that matter to you? Is it important to you to be self-reliant? Is reaching success important to you? Define what success means to you. This, is all about you and what you value, what matters to you. List the desires of your heart. All of those things that would be in your life if your life were the perfect life.
5. Now, with all of this information to guide you, write your story, the story of your life. Write it out on paper as if it is happening right now. If you were to wake up in the ideal life, a life designed perfectly for you what would that life be like? What would it include?
- Where are you living?
- What are you doing?
- What are the main focuses of your life?
- What environment is around you?
- What people are around you?
- What is your occupation or how do you spend your time?
- What value are you creating for yourself and for others?
Write your story, of your ideal life. This will be the beginning of your own Life Design. A life Re-Design created by you, for you, to bring what you truly desire into reality in your life. Be clear on what you want your life to be. Write it out in vivid details down to the smells, colors, climate, … whatever fits your ideal life. This is a detailed process. Create a picture of your life down to the smallest details.
Take the time to do all of the steps above before beginning this process. You will find that by doing those steps what you need to assist you in writing your life Re-Design will be at the tips of your fingers. Literally.
Exactly what does it mean to Re-Design your life?
At times we can feel like we are in a rut, or worse we can feel unhappy with who we are, or who we have become. Dissatisfaction in our work, relationships, and daily life can lead to expanding problems.
Rather than sit back and let things take shape on their own, why not take charge of your life and do something about it? Why not Re-Design your life into the kind of life that you really want to live?
Re-Design Your Life is all about Re-Designing your life into the type of life that you envision in your mind, the type of life where you wake up excited to jump out of bed and face a new day.
If you aren’t feeling that way about your current life design, it may be time to Re-Design your life into a life design that fits your true desires and dreams.
The good news is that you can create the changes in your life that you desire. It’s time to begin the journey of a lifetime.